Search This site

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Natural & Nutritional Food Diet: Chemical and Pesticide Free Rice



Rice is part of our daily lives. It is a staple food especially for us Filipinos and other Asians .Rice’s contribution to human nutrition have been featured in many researches and medical articles. Rice is naturally rich high in fiber and other nutrients. However, the benefits of rice are gradually degrading .This is because of the chemicals and synthetic ways it is produced, rice can have negative effects for us in the long run.

Yesterday, I bought some goods in a grocery store. There were many types of rice being displayed in that store but what caught my attention is the different kind of rice. It has a different kind of cellophane packaging. I finally found, chemical-free rice in the market. I bought 4 kilo rice for my consumption.

The rice is distributed by Sustainable Integrated Area Development (SIAD)[1] Initiatives in Mindanao-Convergence for Asset Reform and Regional Development (SIMCARRD). It is naturally grown rice from different areas of Mindanao like Cotabato regions and Banay-Banay, Davao oriental.

I also noticed that the rice is brown colored, and the rice bran is intact. When the bran is intact in the rice grain, it means there is fiber. Our body needs appropriate amount of fibers in the body to sustain body processes. Moreover, brown rice has more nutrients like magnesium, manganese, and zinc compared to white rice.

With all the volume of imported , cheap but synthetically produced food today ,especially rice ,I still prefer to eat the homegrown organic brown rice .Aside from its nutritional benefits I am assured it is safe for consumption for me and my family.

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © THE DEVELOPMENT CATALYST Development Catalyst is a SEO and News Media Site Website Policy 2014

Back to TOP