Search This site

Friday, November 13, 2009

Things You Should Know About SM Super Mall in Davao City

An Overview of SM Mall

SM City Davao is one of the prime shopping malls in the Southern part of Mindanao. Its specific business address is at Quimpo Boulevard cor. Tulip Drive, Ecoland Subd., Brgy. Matina, Davao City, Philippines. One ride or 30 mins via (Philippine traditional public utility vehicle) jeepney or Annil bus from Mintal,Tugbok District will get you there .You can also get there via taxi at shorter time. It’s the nearest high end mall from Digos City to Davao City direction .

Read more>>>




Last open in 2001, SM supermall in Davao city has been contributing significantly to socio-economic development of Davao city which lead to jobs creation. It is also one of the top 40 tax payers on the business and license tax category in the Davao city.

SM Mall is an all- in-one store, and all brands of items you can think of is here. Actually I’m from Davao del Sur but I consider myself no less than Davaoeño since I studied and work here and I’ve strolled SM Mall many times to know its advantages.

Recently, SM City Davao Wi-fi was launched last October 31,2009 .With this innovative concept, SM City Davao shoppers can use internet anyplace in the mall for free.

image credits from SM city

I like SM supermall because it advocates environmental consciousness through their use of “Green bags”, their green campaign against global warming and climate change. I hope every mall in the Davao city adopts this kind of environmental initiative.

read more





What SM Super Mall in Davao City Can offer?

What I like about SM mall in Davao City is that, it has both trendy stores like Dr.Martens, Levi’s, Bench, Oxygen ,Adidas as well as designer stores like, Armani Exchange , Calvin Klein, and Ralph Lauren, Bayo and many more. You’ll always be able to find various stores at SM Mall that you would at a distinctive mall, stores like Guess, Gap, Celine, Banana Republic, Lacoste, Nike’ and Rusty Lopez. Because it’s a channel mall you will get many low-priced items and even bigger discounts during sales events (like midnight/ holiday sales and festival celebrations like during Araw ng Davao Or Kadayawan).

Parking spaces is not a problem At SM supermall. It’s all around the mall. It’s situated in an area that’s trouble-free to get in and out of.

Photo coutesy of Jim de Franca
SM Mall is a one of my malls because of the vast selection of stores that it has to offer. I also like that it’s situated near from the downtown another outlet mall in case I don’t find what I’m looking for there. It’s a definite must visit.

I really like this store inside SM Mall in Davao city. I’ve found that they have a great selection of kitchen ware as well as gift ware. And I’ve always been able to find things on sale!
I really appreciate that you can buy a lot for your money at this store. I’ve often found items at 60% off their regular prices and have discovered that this store sells items at much lower prices than other stores. I think that this is a great discount home goods store. I am sure all the shoppers visiting SM Mall are enjoying the time.

One Stop Shop at SM City Hardware

One of the best things that I really like to shop there for its hardware supplies especially kitchen wares. I like their assortment of pots, tablewares, cutting boards, kitchen utensils and other kitchen supplies. I’ve found that the quality of the items is usually quite high.

I also like the gift ware at this store and I’m planning to buy Christmas presents there. I’ve found out that they have a great array of picture frames which can make great gifts for grandparents. I really like to frame the kid’s school pictures for people before I give them the picture. I’ve found that it can be quite affordable to do so as well when you shop at this store.

Eating My Heart Out @ SM Food Court


Absolutely SM City’s food court is a haven for the food lovers who crave for sumptuous array of recipes and cuisine. It is one reason I dropped by at SM mall because I want to eat a good meal or snacks. The food-court of the mall has a selection of food shops serving very delicious fast-food items. Fast food chains like Jollibee, Roadhouse McDonald’s, and KFC. There are also that serves pizza such as Yellow Cab, Greenwitch and Pizza Hut .Whenever I eat there, it is a brand new food adventure. The food shops were busy occasionally, especially on the weekends because the place is quite popular hang out for teens and young professionals and family-oriented people.
photo credits to SM Prime

Confessions of a Certified Movie Critic and Movie Addict

Seat, Relax and See at SM Cinemas! I am a certified movie goer and a “self confessed movie critic” .For me, I find great luxury and happiness in watching new movies at the same time writing movie reviews, especially watching it in conducive cinemas. Although, there are lots of pirated movies in 19 in one or 20 in one DVDs at cheap prices at Uyanguren or Bajada and other places in the city, still the true essence of the movie will be more enjoyable and captivating if you watch it in a clean and favorable theater with high -quality pictures and sound effects.
photo credits flickr

In SM Mall they have four spacious comfortable cinemas. It’s good watch movies in their cinema facility because it is not crowded like in many mall cinemas in the city. Their audio sound effects system is also good, it’s Dolby surround. This is also good timing because I just received a Limited Edition Movie pass for two. It was a token prize given to me because I have been awarded “Employee of the Month” at Hubport Interactive company, in which by the way, I planned to treat my little sister , Jennice April with the upcoming movie New Moon(Twilight sequel).

You can always visit and shop at SM city. Try to use their facilities and I experienced what I had experienced. It may be different from what your experiences but for me, it’s something that is exquisite and something worthwhile to remember. During business hours lots of people are enjoying the mall strolling. So what are you waiting for? Shop and enjoy at SM supermall. You might even see me there.


blog comments powered by Disqus

  © THE DEVELOPMENT CATALYST Development Catalyst is a SEO and News Media Site Website Policy 2014

Back to TOP